Can Clutter Be Organized? Organized Clutter?
These two words have very opposite meanings. At dictionary.com we get the definition of both words:
1. A confused or disordered state or collection; a jumble.
2. To put together into an orderly, functional, structured whole.
a. To arrange in a coherent form; to systematize.
At the conclusion of a seminar I taught recently in Mapleton, Utah many people come forward to visit with me and some used this term, organized clutter, to describe their living conditions. I believe there is no such thing. Either there is (1) order OR there is (2) clutter.
Tips to Prevent Clutter
Here are three simple questions to ask yourself before you bring something new into your space:
__ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _
1) Am I going to use it often?
2) Am I going to use it now, or in the very near future?
3) Where is it going to go?
• everything must have a place and space is limited
• clutter can not be disinfected or sterilized…only reduced
• possessions are never as important as people
Problems can not be solved at the same level of consciousness that created them. — Albert Einstein THINK ABOUT IT!
One of the best ways to prevent clutter, is to stop it before it starts.
The best way to stop it before it starts is to set up systems that meet your needs.
Remember that there is no such thing as organized clutter. Happy Organizing!
2 Responses to “Organized Clutter”
Leave a Reply