Most of us spend a huge part of our day in our vehicles. Whether it is commuting, chauffeuring children, or running errands, we spend a lot of time in our cars. My recent trainee, Jessica Rose, published an article in the Daily Herald newspaper titled ‘The Cleanest Car on the Block’. In that article she listed 4 simple ways to organize your car. These are her tips:
- Take everything out and sort through it.
- Wipe down the inside of the car.
- Make three piles:
- Store near the drivers seat.
- Store in the back seat pockets.
- Store in the trunk.
- Contain essential items. (Click here to download and print a copy of Jessica’s Favorite Car Organization Products.)
Read Jessica’s full article here.
Before I finish up here, let me share with you a few things that will be helpful to you when your car breaks down. A little knowledge can go a long way. One of the best things you can do to ensure your safe return when you travel is to:
- carry a car survival kit in your car
- keep your gas tank 1/2 full AND
- inform those close to you of your travel plans and route
Preparing a car survival kit and following the car organization tips above will allow you greater peace of mind as you roam your city streets or tour the beautiful country roads of America. Prepare your car with the things you need to assure your safety. An organized car is simple luxury!
Interested in some do-it-yourself organizing packets? View our printable packets here.